Friday, November 30, 2012

The Basics of AutoResponders


Autoresponders started out as simple computer programs that generated an automated response to incoming emails. For instance, you will sometimes email a friend and get an auto-response email back: "Thanks for your email. I am out of the office until Monday, but will return your emails when I get back. If you have an emergency, please contact Bob at extension 1234."

Autoresponders today are more complex and flexible tools that allow you, among other things, to keep in touch with your marketing list. You can set up a series of emails to be delivered at specific intervals to your list. For instance, I have a Tip of the Week series that is delivered via autoresponder. I have set up a series of tips that are delivered every seven days to help me stay in contact with people on my list and to give them information that they can use. Once someone opts in to my mailing list, they receive a series of over 60 tips, delivered over 60 weeks. That is, by the way, an outrageously long autoresponder series. Most autoresponder series consist of five to ten emails.

First and foremost, autoresponders are marketing tools. I make sure there is a link to my product page for the people who would like to learn more about creating and marketing information products. Some people have a hard-hitting sales message in every follow-up email; others vary the sales pitch with content. In a seven email series (remember, people buy somewhere between the fourth and seventh exposure to your product) I like to rotate the sales pitch from a very soft sell to a medium sell for the first few emails. Emails five through seven will have a harder or more obvious sales pitch to them. But in all of my emails, I make sure I am delivering quality content along with a sales pitch.

In addition, autoresponders are a great way to deliver your online products, including courses that can create a "set it and forget it" income stream for you.

There are a number of different autoresponder programs available. The monthly fees average around $20.00 - $30.00. I started out with aweber and moved over to oneshoppingcart because they offer affiliate program capability. Aweber is just an autoresponder system; oneshoppingcart includes autoresponders, a shopping cart, of course, affiliate tracking and digital product delivery. Aweber is about $20.00 per month; oneshoppingcart is around $100.00. Other autoresponders that are popular are icontact.com and constantcontact.com. If you are just starting out, I recommend keeping your overhead low.

I am always looking to streamline my work and create systems in my business. Autoresponders allow you to do just that. If you are growing a list for either your online or offline business, autoresponders will help you keep in touch, create familiarity with you and your products and remind your prospects and clients that you want to give them value.

How to Generate Leads to Your Site   How To Benefit From An Auto-Responder   Put Your Business Email Communications On Autopilot   A Qualty Autoresponder Software Is The Difference Between Success And Failure With Email Marketing   Using Autoresponders Is Helpful in Internet Marketing   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。